December 10, 12:00 PM–4:00 PM
Shop the Studios
Just in time for the holidays, 35 artists in DUMBO will open their studios to the public to sell their art on Saturday, December 10, 12-4pm. Organized by the DUMBO Improvement District and Art in DUMBO, Shop the Studios is an opportunity to connect directly with artists working in DUMBO, Brooklyn, explore their studios, and take home an original artwork priced for the holidays.
Shop the Studios is organized in coordination with the DUMBO x Brooklyn Flea Holiday Market in the Archway, the iconic 45-foot-high plaza under the Manhattan Bridge. The Brooklyn Flea Holiday Market regularly attracts thousands of visitors, so this cooperative event is intended to bring artwork sales and visibility to the local creative community by encouraging market-goers to visit local art studios.
All are welcome. RSVP is not required, but if you’d like a reminder, you can register. An event map is available, too! Stop by the Shop the Studios information table at the Brooklyn Flea market to learn more.
• Lucky Risograph – 20 Jay Street, 217 – POC-owned print, design studio, and publisher primarily working through the medium of risograph printing, creating a wide variety of printed matter ranging from postcards to art books with affordable price points
• Chelsea Hrynick Browne – 20 Jay Street, M20 – Browne works with paper and light refraction through site-specific installations and will have small works as examples made of origami cut paper at $300 each
• Yiting Zhao – 20 Jay Street, 307 – Zhao is a current artist-in-residence at New York Studio School DUMBO project space and works with oil painting and will have small oil paintings for sale under $100
• Maraya Lopez – 70 John Street, basement – Lopez works in a variety of media but enjoys exploring with childlike materials such as crayons, toys, and paper mache and will be selling sets and individual risograph printed holiday cards with a West Texas theme
• CAM + Joshua Reynolds – 20 Jay Street, M13 – DUMBO stalwart and mixed media artist and designer CAM will be showcasing with Reynolds and will have a variety of art and merch available for sale in their signature graffiti/street-art-inspired and graphic style
• Steven Rudin – 68 Jay Street, 805 – Rudin works in hand-cut paper collage and will be exhibiting a series of abstract collages with 10 x 8-inch works available at $350
• Peter Drake – 55 Washington Street, 254 – Drake is a painter who thinks of his paintings as Giotto meets Vermeer on the way to David Lynch’s house and will have acrylic paintings for sale starting at $3,500
• Jen Ferguson – 55 Washington Street, 317 – Ferguson is a painter and illustrator that creates drawings and paintings based upon places, often featuring familiar New York City motifs, and will have affordable works available, as well as a limited DUMBO mug for $15
• Liz Collins – 20 Jay Street, 306 – Collins works fluidly between art and design, with emphasis and expertise in textile media, and will have editions of printed scarves available for $295, along with textile artworks
• April Hannah – 55 Washington Street, 714 – Hannah produces abstract paintings and sculptures inspired by patterns and networks found in nature and urban environments, and will be exhibiting a series of framed 10.5 x 8.5 in. graphite on paper drawings that will be priced at $300 each and will also have paintings on view
• Kevin Kelly – 125 Plymouth, apt 3120 – Kelly’s work encompasses a variety of mediums for paintings to sculpture and recent works are geometric combined with organic, as well as pop-influenced and he will have paintings for sale and sculptures on view