September 29, 7:00 PM–8:30 PM
Career Documentation and Your Legacy as an Artist
Career documentation and preserving one’s legacy are essential components of an artist’s life and practice–even early on in their careers. This online workshop will provide a summary of, and rationale for, entering into the career documentation process. It will take into consideration that each artist will have their own style, approach, and affinities in how they go about this work.
The workshop will include:
- Discussion on the connection between career documentation and one’s legacy as an artist
- How to begin the career documentation process, and how to stick with it
- How to create an archiving system
- Suggested methods, materials, and tips that artists can use to begin on their own
- Suggestions for how artists might work with assistance in the process
- Considerations for artists at different stages of their careers
This workshop is for artists of all disciplines. It will be conducted via Zoom webinar and will include opportunities for group sharing via chat and Q&A. All registrants will receive a recording of the workshop and workshop resources.